It’s Summer time so pineapple has been on the mind. That and I’ve had a can of diced pineapple in my pantry for far too long. OK OK fresh pineapple is MUCH better but sometimes you use what ya got!
That’s right, those are adorable Pineapple Muffins with a touch of crumb topping. Oooooooh how I love them! I took a shot on these and low and behold, they came out like delicious bits of sunshine.
All the ingredients were pantry items so I was excited not to make any extra purchases. Sometimes the use of oat flour can make for dense muffins but these aaaaare soft. The pineapple inside added sweetness, texture and kept the muffin moist. Go ahead….try em!
Adapted from Allrecipes.com - Yields 12 muffins
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1/2 cup xylitol or other sugar substitute
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 (8oz) can of crushed pineapple
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon (I love cinnamon!)
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- Preheat Oven to 375 degrees F. Spray and flour muffin tins.
- In a bowl, combine oat flour, sugar substitute, baking powder and salt.
- Drain pineapple, reserving ¼ cup. If you have pineapple chunks or slices, just crush them up with your hands or knife in a separate bowl, get your juice from there.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add pineapple, reserved juice, egg, milk and ¼ cup melted coconut oil. Mix gently.
- For topping, combine coconut oil (softened or melted would work), cinnamon, brown sugar, and all purpose flour in a bowl. Use a fork to mix into a crumble.
- Divide batter into 12 muffin tins and sprinkle on crumb topping.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. If the topping begins to brown too much, lightly cover with a piece of foil and cook for the remaining time
- Let muffins cool for 10 minutes and ENJOY!
The brown sugar topping is addictive. It took every ounce of my being not to eat the top off ALL OF THEM! I’m still thinking about it…..yuuummmmm. I think these little muffins are a great lightened up snack that pack a pineapple PUNCH and satisfy that pesky sweet tooth. Good Flavor…Good Books…I’m In!
- What foods have you been experimenting with?
- I’m diving into Divergent and Sunshine by Robin McKinley, have you read these books?
- Favorite summer time flavor…GO!
I can’t wait to read your comments when I get back on Thursday!!