Roasting your own peppers is easier than you think! I used to see them in the jars in the supermarket and think “Oh they’re so good but kind of expensive.” Fear not!! You can make them at home and keep those few extra dollars to spend on more important things….like coffee!!
Gosh they’re pretty! If you’re meal prepping, roasted peppers are great to keep on hand. Plus, the process is helpful when you have just a couple peppers around that your just not sure what to do with…or maybe they’re on their last leg. Either way roasting them could be the solution!
After removing that skin and slicing them up, I like to use a little balsamic vinegar, oil and garlic to give them some kick! You could use any seasoning your partial too, but that balsamic vinegar seems to be juuuuuust right!
You can use them inside sandwiches for some added flavor or moisture. Mix them into your salad for some sweetness. You can even top your healthy pizza with these tasty bell peppers. Endless possibilities here party people. I’m curious what you’ll come up with!
- 4 Red Bell Peppers
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1 TB Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Garlic Clove (raw) minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to broil setting or 500 degrees.
- Wash, remove seeds, and cut red bell peppers into similar size pieces.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and lay peppers skin side up.
- Let peppers cook for 10 -15 minutes depending on your oven. You want the top of he peppers to turn very dark and become soft.
- Remove pan from oven and cover with dish towel for 2 or 3 minutes.
- Peel skin and cut peppers into strips.
- In a bowl add peppers, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper to your own taste.
- ENJOY! *Store in mason jar/tupperware and keep in refrigerator.
- What would you use your roasted peppers for?
- It’s Wednesday, do you do any meal prepping today?
Make it a STRONG day!