I hope you all are having a lovely week. I was fiddling through recipes I had under my “Must Try” folder and click after click led me to these little guys!
Helloooooo cuties! This is a take on Becca’s Recipe with my little twist of course! She explains the texture of these cookies to be a cross between a muffin and some angel food cake. SHE WAS RIGHT! These are a great healthy alternative for a cookie craving.
With some frozen berries, a healthy helping of lemon and a little oat flour, I think these cookies came out just the way I wanted. Sweet and tangy! Yum.
- ½ cup oat flour
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ¾ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- dash salt
- ½ – 2/3 cup sugar substitute – (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 2/3 cup greek yogurt
- 1 egg white
- 1 lemon zested
- 1-2 tsp lemon juice – (I just squeezed away!)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup frozen berries slightly thawed
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine oat and wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine sugar substitute, greek yogurt, egg white, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry mixture to the wet ingredients. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in the mixed berries.
- Drop tablespoon sizes of batter onto your prepared cookie sheet and keep them about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- I stored them in a tupperware in the refrigerator for a few days
You can eat them warm or cold. I’ll admit I actually liked them better after they were in the old fridge for a bit. I could really taste the lemon and I looooooved it.
- Do you love lemon?
- Favorite cookie alternative?
- What are you doing this Thursday?
Have a STRONG day!